Wednesday, January 9, 2013

MAALIK : GOD AND I - A RARE MOMENT OF TRUTH

It was a very pleasant moment today evening when I suddenly came across this a well known Hindi movie song while reminiscing good old days gone by.(a favourite passtime of mine)

No day is like the one before. There's always something fresh and new - that is the Nature of Nature, Nature of Creation. It's upto us to identify it to use it to our advantage. But one thing I've known - you can identify it if you seek for it. There's no coin without a flip side -- just like there can't be evil without good, despair without hope, or death without life.

So today I heard the song anew, trembled inside, wondering what new has come with today's song. I didn't find any.

"AYE MAALIK TERE BANDE HUM" - It would be foolish if I try to analyze the song, its melody, the lyrics, the voice. Every generation has got this song in its marrow, which comes from the most poignant of sequences from V Shantaram's classic "Do Aankhein Bara Haath".

This is the most intense prayer-song I've ever heard. Being a cross between an Atheist & a Pantheist, my personal take on "Maalik"'s Nature, constitution, form, relevance and intent might vary extremely from that which is conventional & popular, and I've got my share of brickbats for that - simply speaking ostracization in every possible aspect of life in every possible way.

But that doesn't take away my right to comment on God's song with intent. It is my Freedom of Thought, Freedom to opine, Freedom to take a standpoint that gives some meaning to an otherwise sustained biophysiological process that makes in reality a truth - I am an human being.

And that's what matters.

I see in this song, the glorification of humankind - how wonderfully sublime and pure the attributes of humility, submission, loyalty, respect & faith of human mind. It reveals what Man/Woman possesses since birth, and how sincerely unconditional man's Love can be. It gets lost in deceipt, anger, greed, lust for power from era to era but perhaps it's these attributes that always sees Man through dark times to prevail in Love & Peace.

I see "Maalik" in Man's heart itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment