Saturday, January 5, 2013

ALL ABOUT KNOTS - NUPTIAL, GORDIAN, ALEXANDER AND I


Ah This is fascinating!
A friend mailing to me in the dead of the night, asking me about Conditionalities. I wouldn't have bothered to go through the entire mail, had it not been for the subject around which the conditionality exists. Or should I use the word "precondition"? 
It's about Love.

I knew love was in the air. I mean love in the lives of my friend and, obviously my friend's friend who incidentally is also my friend. So I can't be biased.

Love has been sublime, love has been bliss, love turns to sublime bliss - it was a movie to me every time I used to hear from them. I was happy for them. Maybe it filled up, rather boyishly, a void inside me (which, by the way, is not very eager to be filled up; it would have been a shockingly audacious effort if it did, if one did an inspection of my own life as far as 'Conjugality' is concerned... Well all sorts of "spection exercises" - intro/retro/circum/pre/post/intra - spection that is)

They are two different human beings. Living in two different countries - eager to get 'knotted. The prodigal Nuptial Knot. 

And Conditionalities come to the surface now - The Zero Tolerance factor : 
-"you better cut your hair,"
-"you better stop your fetish for branded bags"
-"you better start exercising, I don't like that paunch"
-"you better start polishing your shoes twice a day"
-"you better get used to the tube"    

It was so refreshening. I used to smile as I read the mails from both of them. Love can be conditional after all. You impose these tweety sweety conditions and you get two human beings, more improved, more humble, with hearts more beautiful than ever before. 

* OF COURSE LOVE IS CONDITIONAL.  

And they must've whispered to each other,
--- "Nothing can stop me. You are my world. Take me anywhere with you, just be with me. Just be there for me, and even if I live in Hell, I shall make it Heaven for you."
And 
--"yes sweetheart, it's you I want. No matter where you are, no matter what you do, I shall be beside you forever.." 
(now was that romantic enough? The words I mean - I am a no gooder in "love coochie coo"s.)  

Oh oh problem problem - can't life be a bit more perfect for beautiful hearts? That's what tonight's teary-eyed mail tells me. 
"hey I can't possibly get settled in your country? Love shall be at its own place, happen whatever may, I can't go join your world. I don't like it, love or not.."  
Oh yes LOVE IS C.........
* CAN LOVE, TRUE LOVE BE CONDITIONAL? 

Geographically preconditioned? I don't know. I wish I did.

Did that quivering voice from Liverpool sing,
"Imagine there's no country
It's easy if you try...."?
Or did the barritone from Memphis soulfully sing about Heartbreak Hotels? 
I'm expecting a second mail. I've made up my mind. I was talking about Nuptial Knots. If my pathetic wretched friends want my advice, I would be Alexander and cut it. The Gordian Knot.

Now ain't I mean? I mean I am mean enough to believe Love is Unconditional. I would believe in the unconditionality of Love till my dying breath. All in the name of The Crazy Little Thing Called Love..

Oops was that mercurial Freddie?

No comments:

Post a Comment