Tuesday, February 22, 2011

THANK YOU

Thanks to all of you who have lent your strong voices through your personal mails to me here and in Facebook as I remembered Graham Stuart Staines the other day-voices so eagerly needed to keep alive the Hope of the Good Cause that Graham personified - one desperately seeks voices like yours that actually become kindly leading lights when social stigmata come across your way, revealed so shockingly that normal cerebration get numbed - not only for the uncivilized perceptions to the point of barbarism that they represent, but the "educated and liberated" quarters of our society that they originate from - even from acquaintances,my own blood relatives near and distant - that commanded my respect and who once used to be valued to be high.

Personally speaking,in my relationship with Graham,I 've come across innumerable taboos that I wouldn't have known otherwise,existed for real,haunting to plague our educated society. In difficult and changing times like now it is all the more important not to be silenced..

My association with the Staines goes a long way in moulding the aggressive ignorance that plagued my entity once,into the relatively civilized ( and far-from near perfect) tolerance that guides me as a husband,a father and a professional.

Graham's memories show me still that It is so important not to lose one's self to the coward compromise that trying times like today coldly demand round the sudden bends in one's walk of life. Certain compromises are just unacceptable because if you do so,you just stop being the very person you are,you lose that minuscule island of Truth that you still rule in the midst of the chaotic oceans that you have tamely forfeited and surrendered over the years.
This is what Graham taught persistently, even in the face of death threats - one of them came back and took him away. Yet he lives on - In my memories and in your voices. One can only see Hope from here.

Thank you so very much.
-- anirban
-------------------------------------------------------
• Sent from my BlackBerry®Smartphone
-------------------------------------------------------
• with sincere regards from :
Dr.Anirban Chaudhuri,(MBBS)
Consultant Physician (special interest in
Cardiology & Critical Care Medicine)
Mumbai,India.
---------------------------------------------------------
"Let us all live to work for Peace towards a
United,Green World.For that is the
Tomorrow we leave for our Children,our
own Tomorrow,to live for."

No comments:

Post a Comment